Thursday, July 9, 2009

Main Navigation
Home PageOrganizationBase & Shoe MoldingCrown MoldingDoorsTools of the TradeTips, Etc. ArchivesBuilding MaterialsChair Rail & BackerSpecialty Projects. Finish Carpentry 101 Tools of the Trade
Organization & Order of Your ProjectTools of the Trade



For me, this is one of the most important areas of this site. I just cannot express enough how important it is to use a decent tool for the job. An inferior tool is more dangerous than its worth. I can't even count how many tools I've burnt up doing my job. Please, if you buy a tool, buy a good one.... I'm begging you. You are not saving money if the boat anchor you just bought burns up halfway through your spice rack project, can I get an "amen"?

More to come...



Organization & Order of Your Project


I'm not gonna spend a lot of time on this subject, because most of it boils down to common sense. Also becasue it's about as interesting as shopping for a good sitzbath product. I will say though that an organized job will always go faster and encounter less nasty surprises. I've met a lot of superintendents on jobsites in my life. When they come on the job, I usually can tell immediately what I'm dealing with. The best supers I've met all had one or more things in common. They had the ability to deal with people and get them to do what they want without belittling them and puffing up their chests and spouting orders. These are the ones that get the job done fast, efficiently and on budget. I have met many that I would swear were distant relatives of Adoph Hitler. None of this really applies to an average DIY'er byt I just had to get that off my chest. The point of this fairytale is that good planning can really save you a lot of time, money and sanity.


More to come...

dave@finishcarpentry101.com
.Content copyright 2009. custom finishes. All rights reserved.
Domain Name Search



MyPoints - Earn RewardsEarn Rewards for Shopping Online. Join MyPoints Free Todaywww.Mypoints.com






MyPoints - Earn RewardsEarn Rewards for Shopping Online. Join MyPoints Free Todaywww.Mypoints.com






Employers Hiring Here!Register, Post Your Resume and Search and Apply to 1000s of Local Jobs. Go Now >>www.Job.com

No comments:

Post a Comment